“Training” is the process of creating a master remote, using the TV’s original remote or a Logitech remote.
The Viggo remote can be trained to learn TV and 3rd party relevant IR commands.
IR trained buttons include Power, Viggo (or SmartTV), TV, CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-, and Mute. The Info and Menu buttons are also IR-supported on MK2 and MK3 remotes.
Note: We recommend performing IR training on-site. If performing IR training off-site, be sure to remove at least one battery from the remote before repackaging and shipping, to ensure future battery life.
Remote IR Training Process
- Place the Master (training) and Trainee remotes face to face, about 5cm apart.
- Press and hold the VOL+ and CH+ buttons on the Trainee remote for 10 seconds until the TV button lights up red. The Trainee remote is now in IR training mode.
- Briefly press the button you would like to IR train on the Trainee remote. The TV and Viggo/SmartTV buttons should both light up red, indicating the remote is ready to receive an IR command.
- Press the corresponding button continuously on the Master remote, until the Viggo/SmartTV button light turns off, and the TV button on the remote blinks slowly twice. If TV blinks quickly three times, training has failed – repeat the last command training.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all remaining buttons.
- Press the Scroll Up button to exit IR learning mode.
IR Training Considerations:
- TV button should be trained to discretely switch the TV source to TV/DTV mode.
- Viggo/Smart TV button should be trained to discretely switch the TV source to the desired HDMI input.
To train MK4 model remotes, follow the Training Process for MK4.