“Training” is the process of creating a master remote, using the TV’s original remote or a Logitech remote.
The Viggo remote can be trained to learn TV and 3rd party relevant IR commands.
IR trained buttons include Power, SmartTV, TV, CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-, Mute, Back, Numeric Keypad, Backspace, Prec, Subtl, Guide, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.
Note: We recommend performing IR training on-site. If performing IR training off-site, be sure to remove at least one battery from the remote before repackaging and shipping, to ensure future battery life.
Remote IR Training Process
- Place the Master (training) and Trainee remotes face to face, about 5cm apart.
- Press and hold the TV button on the Trainee remote for 10 seconds, until the remote LED starts blinking. The Trainee remote is now in IR training mode.
- On Master remote, press the key you would like to IR train on the Trainee remote. The Trainee remote LED will begin blinking rapidly, indicating the IR code was received.
- Press the corresponding button on the Trainee remote to assign capture IR code. The remote LED will resume slowly blinking, indicating it is ready for the next command.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all remaining buttons
- Press the Rewind button to exit IR learning mode.
- Remote exits learning mode if no keys are pressed for 15 seconds.
- To clear IR commands learned, press the Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue buttons together on the Learning remote for 10 seconds until the LED flashes.
IR Training Considerations:
1. TV button should be trained to discretely switch the TV source to TV/DTV mode.
2. Viggo/SmartTV button should be trained to discretely switch the TV source to the desired HDMI input.
To train MK1, MK2, or MK3 model remotes, follow the Training Process for MK1, MK2, and MK3.