IR Training Process for MK1, MK2, and MK3 Models
IR trained buttons include Power, Viggo (or SmartTV), TV, CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-, and Mute. The Info and Menu buttons are also IR-supported on MK2 and MK3 remotes.
Note: We recommend performing IR training on-site. If performing IR training off-site, be sure to remove at least one battery from the remote before repackaging and shipping, to ensure future battery life.
- Place the Master (training) and Trainee remotes face to face, about 5 cm apart.
- Press and hold the VOL+ and CH+ buttons on the Trainee remote for 10 seconds until the TV button lights up red. The remote is now in learning mode.
- Briefly press the button you would like to IR train on the Trainee remote. Both the TV and Viggo/SmartTV buttons should light up red, indicating the remote is now in receiving mode.
- Place the Learning and Master remotes about 5 cm apart and facing each other. Press the selected button continuously on the Master remote until the TV button blinked red twice and the Viggo button light turns off.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all remaining buttons that you would like to define.
- Press the Back button to exit IR learning mode.